Celebrating 150 Years!
The year was 1869, and Jarrettsville Federal planted its roots with a mission to serve the savings and loan needs of the Harford County community. We continue to serve that community today.
What else happened in 1869….
- The Tremont House in Boston becomes the first hotel to have indoor plumbing.
- The first intercollegiate game of American football is played: Rutgers University defeats Princeton University 6–4 in a college football
- Outlaw Jesse James commits his first confirmed bank robbery, in Gallatin, Missouri.
- The Wyoming territorial legislature gives women the right to vote, one of the first such laws in the world.
Seems like a lifetime ago. So, what is the secret to Jarrettsville Federal’s staying power?
- Good people founded Jarrettsville Federal. A group of concerned citizens who wanted more from their bank. That mantra of always delivering more has stayed with the bank all of these years.
- Empowered employees with an average tenure of 27 years! Our friendly bank personnel know their customers and go the extra mile.
- Commitment to excellence in serving all customers. Whether it is opening a savings account for a customer’s new baby granddaughter or providing mobile banking options for the young adults in the community, we understand the needs of our customers and then do everything possible to meet and exceed expectations.
- Community driven in all that we do. The local community is key to the success of Jarrettsville Federal, so we want to give back whenever we can. In fact, in 2018, Jarrettsville Federal ranked in the top tier of banks nationwide for its outstanding community involvement, as determined by the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC). The branch was given a rating of “Outstanding,” which was bestowed on only 17 percent of banks nationwide.
- Customer first service model is in our roots. Our customers continue to bank with us today because we care enough to know their names and provide them with outstanding, personalized care for all of their banking needs.
There are not many banks today where you can get the personalized service of a community bank and enjoy the benefits of online and mobile banking. We are proud to say we have listened to the needs of our customers for 150 years and look forward to doing so for 150 more.